Sunday, January 20, 2013

19th. Keep Your Eye on the Prize





I needed this encouragement!  I found the link to this song on someone's facebook page and God used it to remind me not to get discouraged, but to keep moving forward.   Psalms 16:8 says, "I keep my eyes always on the Lord, with Him at my right hand I will not be shaken."  Keep moving forward in the Lord, there is no time to wallow in mistakes.  A quote I've heard hundreds of times now is "fail forward to success" the victory is always in the getting up... Getting up moves us forward, even if we trip again in that first step up.  Keep getting up-- Keep your eye on Him, on the prize. "Keep Your Eye on It" by Toby Mac.
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 NASB
24Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. 27No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.


Philippians 3:13b-14
but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, 14I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus


No comments:

Post a Comment