Friday, January 25, 2013

Perseverance.

Persevere.  It's what Love does.  It's what patience does too.  It's one thing of countless others that God does to win us, He perseveres. He never stops working to win our hearts. Never.

Perseverance is how Love & Patience act; so when God is growing the fruit of the Spirit in our lives He  will be teaching us to persevere.  Jesus persevered through living in a human shell, restraining Himself from temptation, meeting death on a cross, & rising from the dead all to redeem us.  A shepherd boy named David believed God when he was anointed to be the next king.  He persevered in relationship with God Himself in order to make it through being hunted by the king who preceded him.  God called King David a man after God's own heart.

Perseverance is something that the Lord is teaching me now. It's never been something I've been good at; it's much easier to quit. It's easy to sabotage myself. It's easy to see that something might be too hard or that the chances of failing are greater than that of success & choose to quit before ever starting. God is asking us to passionately persevere after Him, to press in.  Learning to walk with Him in such a way that His desires become my desires, that He becomes my comforter and provider, that He becomes more important than anyone or anything else in my life is worth the perseverance.  It's easier for me to make "me" the most important thing in my life and the more that is true the more selfish my desires will become.   Persevering  in my relationship with HIM has a lot to do with restraining myself from the things that beg my attention from Him (we all have our personal lists)... restraining ourselves from the things that come out first instead of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment