Monday, January 14, 2013

my biggest fear

Fear. It seeks to consume.
My biggest fear? ... Failure.  If I think I might not be good at something, I'll generally not bother trying.
That's why it's interesting to see what God has led me to do, like writing this blog for instance. It is not something I would've opted to do on my own.  It's somewhat horrifying & now that I've gotten used to it, He is opening another door.  The ground seems shaky and unstable at best, but the truth is that it's the most stable "ground" I've ever walked on because I'm on the path that is God led.
And as I keep moving forward, feeling like I'm going to step and the ground is going to quake and I'll fall through and my life will be the ultimate failure; I am reminded of several promises in scripture.

Isaiah 41:10

Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.


Deuteronomy 31:6

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." (NIV)

Deuteronomy 31:8
Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you.”(NLT)

Isaiah 52:12
But you will not leave in haste or go in flight; for the LORD will go before you, the God of Israel will be your rear guard. (NIV)

Psalm 139: 5
You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me. (NIV- Psalmist praising God). 

There are many more like this and as I read even 1 of these promises, I am encouraged to move forward in daily obedience to the Lord- our Creator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment