Wednesday, February 13, 2013

being chipped away to grow peace?

Recently, I started reading this book:"Idol Lies" by Dee Brestin.  I chose it because it was on a list of books that Ann VosKamp recommended a few months ago.  I've only read the first couple of chapters and the Lord used it to put words to the junk going on in my heart.  Dee calls it an invisible idol; I'm sure it could be called lots of things, but an invisible idol is exactly what it is and it is a big, growing, & as old as I am.  And in America these are the things we bow down to-- the things that are invisible and she names several in her book.  Of course there are visible symptoms of the invisibly lurking hard as a real stone idol lodged deep in my heart.  I'll tell you mine is comfort/ safety and the symptoms range from something as comforting as food can be to something as uncomfortable as panic attacks due to agoraphobia.  It's lodged deep and only God can remove it and I already feel the angst as bits are starting to get chipped away.  And pruning is part of real Christian living-- going to a Loving God blindly and being pruned so more fruit of the Spirit can grow within. Pruning is definitely uncomfortable and more than worth it.  And going to Him, knowing that He loves us with an immeasurable Love, is making peace with Him-- simply going to Him willingly & in obedience to His will & the pruning grows peace first.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment