Friday, February 1, 2013

I'm falling.

Good grief.
Where is the reset button anyway?
Once I get in a routine, I'm good to go, but give me any reason to screw with it and I'll take it!
Take eating healthy for instance.  I'm more there than I have been in a while. I want to eat healthy on a permanent level rather than an "I'll eat this way until x,y, or z"level.  But what is it about a frustrating day or vacation that makes us want to take a flying leap off the healthy train when we're finally starting to enjoy the ride?  Is there really ever a good excuse to slack?  I understand the concept of splurging on vacation, but that splurge will most likely cost me gaining the 5 pounds in 4 days that it took 6 weeks to lose. So I ask, is it worth it?  To take this another step further, this same concept happens in many personal relationships with God.  For some reason, the thing that used to comfort us beckons... and Christ pleads because He knows that He is the absolute only comforter.  Vacation is only a break from routine, but most often vacation is not a time of rest but of adventure and somehow even God gets left home.
Christ is pleading with us to invite Him into our entire lives. Stop trying to work through frustrations, fears, disappointments, sadness, anger...vacation... life without Him.  He only wants to Love us fully. Why do we keep withholding ourselves? He is our comforter among the everything He can be in our lives.  Falling more in Love with the One who Loves us completely and who is completely faithful and true. I learned this week that the word "kind" in 2 Corinthians 13 where is says "Love is patient & kind..."  has a 2 part meaning in the original Greek translation, not 1 or the other but both and.    The Greek word is a verb and means "kind & in full service to others" --- it is how God Loves us. This is not to say that He gives us our own way, because He Loves us way too much for that... as I love my children too much to allow them a diet that completely consists of candy.  No, He Loves us so much that He is kind in full service to us, to help us through this life... it's repeating every verse that says He'll never leave or forsake us... He's there to help us through this life. I'm just astonished at how much He loves us.  Why would I not want to give my entire life to Him? Loving Him in return... it is the most important thing to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment