Sunday, February 3, 2013

movie night.


Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails...”  (1 Corinthians 13--NASB).

I recently saw a movie that made me laugh out loud a lot.  Unfortunately it was also the kind of movie that should've made me get up and leave and it would've been funny without the language and 'in your face' vulgarity. I usually don't go to see movies like this, but everything I read about it said how "real life" funny it was and left out the rest.  Tonight as my husband and I were talking about it he had to remind me of a few of the scenes that I'd forgotten.  I'm embarrassed that I laughed so hard during it and even though it also made me blush I still stayed.  There are a lot of movies out there regardless of rating that "rejoice in unrighteousness" and doesn't it mess with our thought lives? It makes us see unrighteousness as something desirable rather than something to be pruned from us.  Should we start asking ourselves if we'd want to be real life friends with the characters in the movies or tv shows we enjoy?

Still learning how to walk this journey of loving God with my whole self in every single moment of life. I'm all His and He is mine. I love Him.  Praying and asking a lot of questions tonight. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment