Monday, November 12, 2012

Cain & me.

The Lord said this to someone in the Bible: "Why are you angry? And why has your countenance fallen? If you do well, will not your countenance be lifted up? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door; and its desire is for you, but you must master it."

I am so much like this. If I am doing well, I'm happy!! If I'm not doing well, I'm falling apart! I did not realize that sin is crouching at my door!!!! I did not realize my emotion toward myself was so linked to an attack from the devil.

"Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour" (1 Peter 5:8--NASB).

But here's the answer God showed in the whole story of Cain & Abel (that first verse is what The Lord said to Cain):
many hundreds of years later the Psalmist writes: "I have set the LORD continually before me; Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken" (Psalm 16:8--NASB)

It is He, The Lord, who desires to give us victory over all this "me stuff" that keeps us from staying totally focused on Him... These self loathing things that make us sin. This intense perfectionism that doesn't quit. God intends to lead is to victory, and when we put Him continually in front of us, letting Him lead, intently following, we will not even be shaken!!

No comments:

Post a Comment