Thursday, November 1, 2012

failing at life

Recently, the Lord has been showing me that I need to restructure my life.  I see the importance of changing as all that needs changing are unhealthy habits.  Sleep, exercise, food, tv time.... I have an excess of unhealthy habits that none of which are sin exactly... but none of them are benefiting me by any stretch of the imagination. 
At first I kept procrastinating the change, unwilling to change right now.  And when I asked forgiveness for disobedience, I still complained about it.  Just like ancient Israelites coming out of slavery in Egypt-- if I had lived then the earth probably would've swallowed me up by now.  I've been a brat about it all-- a screeching toddler not getting her way.
I'm realizing that part of the reason HE wants me to restructure these disciplines is because they are the main things that make me feel like a failure-- too little sleep, no exercise, too much food, way too much tv, not enough time for what's important.... the list actually goes on.  I'm sure you can make your own list of things that can make you feel like you're failing at life. 

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you" 1 Peter 5:6-7, NIV.

 We can trust Him, because His only intention is to do good to us!!

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

"There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off" Proverbs 23:18.


God is serious in His directing us, because He is bent on helping us to become who we were created to be. The only way to get there is to follow Him! 

"because the Lord disciplines those he loves  as a father the son he delights in" Proverbs 3:12.

"Whoever heeds discipline shows the way to life, but whoever ignores correction leads others astray" Proverbs 10:17.

No comments:

Post a Comment