Monday, March 4, 2013

movie popcorn is disgusting

I very often feel like I'm broken, like success is some far away thing and sabotage is so readily available that I crave it.  I crave it like popcorn in a movie theatre, the smell is alluring, beckoning, but it is gross especially at our theatre. Movie theatre popcorn is so similar to self-sabotage in that neither are as enjoyable as the allure promises.  I'm so distractable and there's just not enough adderal in the world.
I'm working on some things that I'm responsible for and right here in the moment I recognize the choice to persevere and not to go do something else fun... and so I'm stopping to share. Recognizing the urge to "buy the popcorn" even when I know it's not any good is the first step.  Maybe I won't stay broken after all.
I am so thankful for God's faithfulness to us whether we "buy the popcorn" or resist the urge to act on a whim.

No comments:

Post a Comment