Friday, March 15, 2013

why was I so afraid?

Sensing it approaching was never possible and it's starting to change.  Blinded to the path in front of me I'm terrified by flashes of light, like they're lions pouncing out to devour me. I hide in my particular hiding place, because the flash of light that shone on the bend in the road further challenged my blind faith walk.  Walking and taking the next step in obedience is most often terrifying and utterly challenging.  It challenges us to the very core, because God wants us to completely depend on Him which means that the deeper we get the less likely we'd ever accomplish that next task on our path alone.
The more we rely on Him the less those flashes of light or bends in the road throw us off.  The more we rely on Him, the more HE becomes our hiding place, rather than any given comfort. The more we rely on Him the future that we're blind to doesn't seem so terrifying, because we've learned to trust His steady pace, His steady hand.  The more we rely on God the more we'll wonder why was I so afraid?

Isaiah 41:10
"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand" (ESV).

No comments:

Post a Comment