Tuesday, March 26, 2013

One year of writing. Done. Sort-of.

The end of this year long commitment to write daily has come. 1 year of writing, give or take about 15 days that got lost along the way.  Tomorrow will mark 18 years of this Christian life, Holy Spirit-dwelling in me, saved, redeemed me. In another 5 days we also celebrate 2000-ish years of the resurrected Christ, who came and gave all He had just to win a relationship with us, to redeem us to Him.   He loves us.  There is no loving us more or less in any given circumstance-- just pure, satiated love.

Why do we grasp onto anything?  18 years ago, I was holding on to my life that I knew and honestly loved.  I loved my party life, but not more than my desire to be fully loved.  I was desperate to be loved, I'm pretty sure we all feel desperate for genuine love.  When I was on the cusp of 17 years old I doubted anyone's love for me, I have most of my life.

God makes amazing promises in the Bible concerning His great love for us, in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us.  I couldn't resist Him.

18 years later I find myself grasping onto my life again. I love certain structures of how I spend my time, but I'm realizing that I don't love those things more than I desire to give myself to Him fully, to Love Him in return.  Peaceful living is a relationship with God.



Luke 17: 33 "Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it."


As this marks the end, I'm going to be shutting down for about 6-ish weeks (but may check in here and there). I plan on coming back to share this journey with you daily, please stay-tuned. ;)  and thank you so much for walking along this past year with me.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment