Monday, September 17, 2012

Going Numb

When I'm going through something & it affects me emotionally, I have this tendency to shut down & ignore it.  Right now I have this impending, coming at me like a freight train, kind of thing going.  I've been doing a fairly good job the past few days ignoring it & without even recognizing I was doing it!!  Apparently going metaphorically numb to my responsibilities that bring fear has become some kind of knee jerk reaction.  Today a friend point blank asked me questions about this looming, impending thing coming up and as I started to answer her tears came and I realized I hadn't thought about any of it in days.  Why?  I do not know.  This is what I do know. The only way through fear is through it and what's gained on the other side is courage.  We have to experience the journey too, not just go numb to it all.
Time to move forward, not shrink back.  Follow Christ, for He alone paved the path for us. And I need Him, God, apart from anything else.  He shows us truth as He did for me today in a very specific and personal way... as He's been doing for me as I've been seeking Him.  He indeed is the "great iconoclast" blowing up my own expectations of Him and what He wants and replacing them with the truth of who He is and where He's leading step by step.  Embracing Christ who gives courage.  Loving God. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment