Monday, September 3, 2012

Weighted walls

Today as I had plenty of road trip time to study the Bible I'm realizing how blind I've been to so many things. Pride has been eating me alive. In the way of being asked point blank a personal question that would implicate imperfection (even through private Bible studay) & suddenly not being able to come up with anything I struggle with. Giving myself the notion that I'm doing great when on the side lines I can easily slip and find myself focusing on all my imperfections! Depression ensuing-- all this because of insecurity! I know I have got to tear down this wall of pride built by insecurity, it is keeping me from seeing myself for who i am! I realized the wall & started demo today! I'm so thankful for a Savior who will point out the work that needs to be done & simply asks for me to hand it over. Brick by brick it is a lot of work, but it is work that's possible by the hand of God! How else would a person tear down pride? I'm thankful for a Savior who loves us beyond our wildest imaginations & seeks to deliver us from all this extra junk weighing us down!

No comments:

Post a Comment