Monday, September 24, 2012

Power Source

I do really well with a schedule. My life needs a plan; homeschooling needs it's own set of plans as it is. When the day is ordered and I walk through it, everything goes well.  If even one part of the schedule gets thrown off, the whole day is thrown.  Today was no exception!!  I won't go in to what days in our family look like, but just like everyone else, every ounce of my attention is required all day.  My life is no exception, we are all busy and at times feel overwhelmed, or like quitting; while other times we feel confident and excited, like running to the finish line with no weight holding us down.
When I have days like this that go totally down in flames I immediately think that I need to tweak my schedule. But really how much more could I tweak it?  I know what I'm doing and when I'm doing it all day long. It's when something has to get added or when something is spontaneously taken out that I falter.  So then if I don't need to tweak my schedule, what do I need to do... because that is what I was about to do.  Then I laid down... got up... did all the need to do stuff... laid down, face down and prayed asking what is going on!?!?  I'm being attacked by our spiritual enemy... all day long.  Nothing is off limits today: my parenting, and then wow there are a million different directions to take from there--and all at once.  Sigh.  He is attacking me by using the steadiness of today's schedule?? Really?  ok.
Late this afternoon, I read Ann Voskamp's blog and she described parts of my day by describing her day, but she got it right this morning.  She gave the answer.  Start the day with prayer, with receiving God's grace because don't we need His grace for the day? --to get through the day?   I can't even begin to tell you how much I needed His grace today.  It would've worked better had I started with Him rather than finding Him mid-way through.  After reading her blog I remembered 2 (yes two) friends texted me this morning with the answer: prayer. 

Prayer is like plugging my phone into an electrical socket.  Prayer is plugging me in to the power source, Jesus -- God.  Without the power of God I'm just like my iPhone with a black screen, but with Him--with His power I can function the way He intended.

Power up. Seek God--Our Creator!

No comments:

Post a Comment