Sunday, September 23, 2012

Peace

I'm starting to realize that I find security in other people.  Do they like me? yes= secure, no= insecure. Do they think x,y,or z positive things about me? yes= secure, no= insecure.  And when the cage get's rattled and insecurities fly, it is my choice to give those to the Lord or to dwell on the hurt.  The far and above easiest thing to do is to dwell on it, hurt feelings over what someone might think of me can consume me in a second and can last for months. And it's hard to feel that way, it's painful. It's easier to hang on to the pain than to give it to God, in fact I'm still not totally sure how to go from one to the other with a fast turnover.  But I do know that when I pray through it with God that He is faithful to remove the insecurity to the point that what someone thinks about my advice, my blog, or my love for God is of no consequence to me. I do not need to find my security in others because that is like finding security in a country controlled by a malicious dictator who leaves his country poor and desolate.  Security that comes from God is unmatched, there is no peace as pure as His peace. Philippians 4:7, "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."  This is kind of difficult to go through, smashing all of my places of false security, but I'd much rather have complete security in God which is indeed the peace that passes understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment