Friday, September 7, 2012

growing mode

Spiritual growth is a tricky thing and I'm thankful that God will grow us big when we come back to Him after a period of running from Him.  We rediscover the truth in the return; banishing the lie that made us run and spring up like a bamboo shoot does after years of seemingly nothing.  



The best spiritual growth happens when we are in growing mode, when we are right there with Him, trusting Him.  Growing happens when I'm with Him always and He can point something out and I can immediately give it to Him and it doesn't take 10 years to give that thing to Him.  It took 10 seconds!  More of that same thing could emerge out of me later like scarves from a magician's sleeves... I already gave the first scarf to God and here is another... it's just more of the same thing.  I don't have the same impatience I had before, but as it arrises I have more impatience buried that the Lord willingly weeds out and I willingly give it.  More insecurity, more 'trusting more in others than in Him', more 'relying on my own strength than I do in His'... there is plenty shooting out like weeds and as it does I pray for sight and a willing heart to give it all to Him.  As the weeds are pulled His garden can grow in my heart.  His garden is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, & self-control; which are the fruits of the Spirit.  These things replace the weeds & who wouldn't want more of this stuff?    As the uncomfortable things spring up out of our souls and into our daily living we have a choice: cling to God or don't.  

Joshua 24:15
"But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve.... But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."




picture came from here

No comments:

Post a Comment