Friday, September 21, 2012

more fruit?

Ever been afraid that God would desert you?  ... me too.   Like right now.  He is leading me and this anxiety wells up in me that He'll lead me out into the middle of nowhere or somewhere & leave me there to implode on myself--to choke, completely choke.  The idea terrifies.  Until...

I remember that verse- that promise of God.  It is the reason I got saved in the first place.  I have felt deserted over and over in my life, but there is this promise.

Deuteronomy 31:8, "The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

And there are plenty more promises, here is one I found tonight:

Isaiah 41:10, "I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, 'You are my servant'; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
     
These verses show us that we ourselves wander out into the wilderness ignoring Him and it is HE who calls us back to safety and security!!  Like I said yesterday, He is where peace dwells. Oneness with Him gives peace.  Where He leads is where He will be with Me, He never leaves me.

So... yes I'm still talking about this! It's where I'm planted at the moment.  Peace comes when I stick with Him in agreement.  Faithfulness comes when I stick with Him instead of turning to run.  Peace and Faithfulness are fruit of the Spirit growing together in my current personal circumstance.

Galatians 5:22-23, "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control..."


No comments:

Post a Comment