Tuesday, October 9, 2012

a break from myself

Does anyone else ever get all discombobulated with life only to be left feeling like you need just 1 day away from yourself to put things right again???
I'm totally there.

I used to think that I was a pretty spontaneous kind of person.  Really, the thought is laughable!  I'm actually pretty boring, I do the same things everyday and thrive on it.  At this point my life is full of responsibility and I'm lagging with this weird urge to shake it all off and just do what I want (which would be a whole lot of nothing).

Aha!!!
I typed those words and then the Lord speaks the word "persevere" to me.  I'm studying Love-- Agape Love, which is godly love and 1 Corinthians 13 says that love endures through every circumstance... it perseveres through every inch of our lives!!  That is God's love for us perseveres through every inch of our lives.  When the Lord grows it in us as a fruit of the Spirit we can then persevere through each day and every circumstance!

I prayed for Love the other day, to see what would happen!  Kinda like I did for patience 16 years ago, click here to read about it.   Agape Love has several different and interesting facets that I did not expect!! Endurance is apparently one of them, as I read tonight with fresh insight.  Days like today I really wish I could get away from myself for a bit, but what I really need is to give my distractions (all things that are woeing me away from the Lord & my responsibilities) to the Lord-- walking with Him daily.  I've been very distracted lately. :/

No comments:

Post a Comment