Monday, October 15, 2012

Persevere is what Love does.

It's been a long day. When I woke up the very thought of getting out of bed made me feel like I was breaking in half.  Why???? 
Remember what happened when I prayed for patience as a young Christian?  I had no idea what would happen and things that should've been super easy were somehow extremely frustrating.  I was earning patience. It was a lot of work. Now... I've prayed for Love. Godly Love...

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails."from 1 Corinthians 13.

I've seen the signs of the 'things that Love is not' being pruned off. Today the first sign was persevering myself out of bed for the sake of the Love for my children.  I wanted to sleep more & I didn't feel like being responsible-- I mean where did my teen years go anyway? Yep God grows us from right where we are.  Then I persevered through homeschooling with a migraine... that was fun (sarcasm). Everything I did today was persevering because what I really wanted to do was crawl in bed with all the lights off, both emotionally and physically.  Love-- Godly Love-- always perseveres! Other translations say, "perseveres through every circumstance".  The life I'm living is my current circumstance and I could be persevering through it with contentedness! 6 months ago I would've just gone back to bed as soon as the baby was napping & just forget about school for the day.  Emotionally it felt like I was being ripped apart just thinking about doing anything but sit on the couch or go back to bed. So... I prayed. And prayed and prayed. 

In the greek Love means benevolent, that is "it want to do good to someone"!! and the verse above says that Love never fails!!  It is always victorious.  God Loves us like this, it wants to do good to us and He wants us to be victorious-- He is helping us to that end.  So I was confident in my praying because God wants me (and you) to be victorious. Today He was helping me to be victorious in perseverance.

No comments:

Post a Comment