Tuesday, October 9, 2012

forgive

Something I came across as I've been studying the fruit of the Spirit, Love, is that unforgiveness kills it. I'll go into more about Love on Sunday after our Bible Study group. 
I think we all have a good idea of what it is to not forgive someone... like if someone lies to me or wrongs me in some big way, then it's good to forgive.  But what if it means more?-- forgiving, that is.  There are people, whether we know them well or not, who make fun of us, make us the butt of a joke, jump clear down our throat for no clear reason... Isn't it easy to not like that person/ people because of it?  I mean it's not like we hate them, we just don't really like them because of the negative feeling they pulled out of us.  Nothing is wrong with that, right?
Holding little or big things against people is un-forgiveness and it's killing the love in our hearts.

When I decided to pray to ask for Love, all kinds of opportunities to forgive started arising.  Naturally it's easier to hold someone else's bad attitude against them which is why I need Christ to give my irritated attitude to.  It's all part of growing up in Christ--earning the fruit of His Spirit, one of which is Love.

<3

2 comments: