Friday, October 12, 2012

Why is this a political issue?

A topic like this is really difficult to post, but it seems as though I can't not post it. So here is what I wrote last night after the debate and am posting now after sitting on it for 24.


Life begins at conception. Why is this a political issue?

This is a tender subject for so many and my intention is not to cause anyone more emotional pain, Jesus saves us from and forgives us for the things we do-- like aborting a baby.  I know several people who range in closeness to me who have made this decision and I know that God can and does set us free from the guilt & shame these type decisions produce.  Also, I have no judgement toward anyone about this, especially being that our education, political, & entertainment systems make abortion appear to  be something that is the only choice to make when we don’t want a baby for any given reason. Having said that...

Life does begin at conception and even if I disagreed on every other point a presidential candidate had except for being pro-life, I would still vote for him hands down.  But the people who run that I agree the most with about political matters are always also pro-life.  What I want to say here has less to do with presidential candidates and more to do with God’s view...

Psalm 139: 13, the Psalmist prays to God "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb."
Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you..."

God knows us before we’re born-- we are knowable before we’re born, thus life!! That’s how significant we are to Him!!  His Love for us is immeasurable.


Ok, so let’s think on this outside of “religion” for a moment.
Say, education for instance represents pregnancy & finishing said education through a bachelor's degree is birth...  Once I’m done I can ‘theoretically’ go get a job, so that bachelor’s degree is alive up walking around, it is among us.   If I don’t have that piece of paper... am I any less educated?  no. That education gives the ability to read, write, work mathematical problems...
When babies are born they are among us, we see their lives at use... but if they aren’t born, were they any less a person? no. Live Cells merge together to create a person (Kindergarten), A heart develops very quickly (Elementary), all organs begin to function (HighSchool) & the baby can feel, grasp, and begins to have every function of a baby outside the womb & could even survive outside if he/she came too early but fought really hard(Bachelor’s)...
This idea made sense to me and I know that so many people try to leave out what God has to say on issues like this, but we could all use a little perspective whether we’re believers or not. This is something we should all be thinking and praying about, rather than arguing about!!

Back to what God thinks about this...Infant sacrifice was a huge issue that caused God to remove His blessing from an entire country.  Is America guilty of the same thing, as we’re sacrificing our unborn infants to our personal agendas?  Sacrifice to the idol of self is what it is.

Again, I urge anyone who is living in guilt over making a decision like this to ask for forgiveness from the One who yearns to give it!! God forgives and cleanses us completely of our guilt and shame!!  And that’s all He wanted from the people in the Old Testament who were offering infant sacrifice to idols-- heart felt repentance, receiving His LOVE, & loving Him rather than the idol.  He is desperate for us to live life in a LOVING relationship with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment