Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Nathan's ER trip today.

Gaining motivation to organize my life back to functioning today and got a little done.  After a while, I took a break to take my 3 yo boy to the hospital for his first set of stitches. :/  He fell and put a hole through the place just below his bottom lip-- straight through.  As soon as I found out I was pregnant with a boy I knew that I'd be taking trips to the ER for injuries far more than I would have otherwise; nevertheless, it scared the bajeebas out of me to see so much blood coming from his mouth.  2 trips to the ER in 5 days-- good times.   This kid who takes my breath away with just a look fell asleep on the way to the ER even with a hole in his face.   Can we say pain tolerance?  He didn't really cry much once he got a little ice on it and we cleaned up the blood... Mommies can give their children a certain peace that even when in pain everything will be okay.
God is capable of giving us peace in that when we come crying to Him in pain, He will wipe away the tears and kiss the "booboos" away... and when He kisses them away real healing happens.

"He will swallow up death for all time, And the Lord GOD will wipe tears away from all faces, And He will remove the reproach of His people from all the earth; For the LORD has spoken" Isaiah 25:8.

When the Dr saw us he said Nathan could use stitches but because of the placement of the wound that "glue" would work just as well as long as I wasn't concerned about a scar.  I figured the boy will like telling some crazy tale about his first scar in the next few years... But the Dr said since he is so young there will likely be no long term scarring... sorry buddy. ;)  Yay! for NO STITCHES after all!! I'm certain he would've screamed through that. Praise the Lord!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment