Monday, October 8, 2012

Redeem Myself??

One of my favorite things to watch on tv is "Once Upon a Time", it's the story of Snow White and her Evil Step Mother. The Queen puts a curse over the Enchanted Forest so that all the fairy tale would be swept into our world to live.. but no one knows (or knew) who they were... Anyway... one of the lines that the Evil Step Mother/ Queen said to her adopted son (actually Snow White's grandson); she said "I want to redeem myself".  I haven't heard that phrase from someone in so long I had forgotten it completely.

It's knowing you've done something wrong and when apologizing for it, saying "I want to redeem myself."  I remember that what is meant by that is that the person wants to change and prove that he/ she can change. ... Here's the thing:

There is not one person on this earth who can be as good as God.  It is impossible.  It is why Jesus Christ came... so we could be with God even though we couldn't do it on our own.  The only redeeming that is at all possible is the redemption through Jesus Christ-- I cannot change apart from Him.  I've proven that to myself over and over. But God is faithful and serious about redeeming us; it is what He wants most and all we have to do is give in to His all consuming Love.

I just don't know... I would never make it without Him-- through the days... and when I was running from Him I really just wanted to die.  I wasn't happy, I just lived and breathed in and out... and as I'm getting closer and closer to Him now, I have more and more joy.  I love life, because I love Him.  I love Him, because I received His Love that He has freely given.   Some days I live depending totally on Him and others I'm distracted and suddenly feel the fading away... He didn't move; I did. But He is faithful, He lives in me and helps me to stay walking side by side with Him provoking my attention when I'm giving it to something else.

Is it obvious that I'm really seeking God on what it means to be "in Christ"?? 

Thank You God for loving us! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment