Tuesday, July 17, 2012

another choice

I know several really amazing prayer warriors. I mean the kind who can be praying for someone and feel led by the Holy Spirit to pray in specific ways.  Maybe you have that kind of prayer life, but I haven't quite gotten there. 
I am so thankful to have been discipled as a young Christian.  I had a couple of really good friends who helped me understand the "new in me" on top of being a new student at a Christian school giving me Bible knowledge.  I heard a lot of group prayers like "God be with that person, and please help this one, or please heal this one", but nothing too in depth. 
Over the past few months, I've done a lot of praying for me trying to settle back in a good relationship with God.  I have prayed for friends here and there upon request, but my prayer life took a turn this morning, a turn for the better. I started going through everyone I could think of like I used to.  This is good in theory, but what I know is that God wants a deeply intimate relationship with us and praying for people in the manner I used to is not even remotely intimate.  Can you imagine talking to your best friend about a family member you're concerned about and only saying "I hope things work out for such and such" and nothing more?  Really... that would be such an awkward non-conversation!   How about talking to God like He is my best friend?  Talking to Him about each person, telling Him all about them and the details ... this creates intimacy!! I went there this morning and its really awesome.
It is a choice to be intimate with someone.. a choice.  God accepts us as we are... We can talk to Him about deeply personal happy or painful emotions (He created both), we can talk to Him about the details of others in our lives, we can ask for anything.  He is with us and He is for us! Get intimate. Make the choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment