Wednesday, July 11, 2012

reach

Ephesians 3:16-21
16I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. 

 
This is a passage that stood out to me in the last couple of days, but on another note. I want to write more something different. I'm turning some things over in my mind tonight, mainly guilt for "having" earthly pleasure, luxury.  I'm so thankful for all that God has given me, our family... still there are so many in the world going with out.  I'm not sure how to enjoy with that knowledge. Am I truly thankful? Considering. Asking God.  I feel so undeserving. Searching for truthful answers. 

changing the subject back to the verse at hand.
I'm so thankful for His indwelling.  How lovely is your dwelling place oh Lord. <3

It doesn't matter what we have or don't have in the physical world of this earth, it will all pass away.  Only the eternal things will come with us. what is that? Only my soul.  Where will this soul of mine be in eternity?  I will be where ever Jesus is, who is heaven.  To see Him face to face and live with Him forever. What is here on this earth is temporal and we all need Christ to gain eternal life.  This life is temporary... it is preparation for the next life in heaven.  Learning to fully trust and rely on God, on His unshakable love for me. The truth is He gives each of us the specific life we have for specific reasons, he allows things in our lives for specific reasons... whether you live a filthy rich life with out physical want or live under a bridge.  He gives grace to each of us. He offers eternal life with Him to each of us. Eternity makes life on earth look like a single grain of sand in all the sands in existence.  We get a piece of that eternity when Christ moves in, and everything changes.  A complete paradigm shift.   I have this life, luxury and all, because Christ wants me to do something specific with it, to share Him... Why feel guilty?  It is a God gift.  hm.  Of course in years past I have not used it as I was supposed to... time to readjust my focus from the temporal to the eternal.  

Thank you God for such a huge paradigm shift, using this simple task of sitting down to type out my thoughts and questions for you... and all the answers start coming out of my finger tips, hearing from you. I understand that I must use my life, the one you gave me, to reach people for You. We each have the specific life we have so that we can reach specific people we come across for eternity, for Christ.  I need to get over myself, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment