Thursday, July 19, 2012

time & satisfaction

Time is so valuable. It flits away like the wind, blowing and moving through trees, vanishing away. Why have I spent so much of it on nothing valuable at all?  Why do I still want to?
People are more valuable than time.  Humanity is meant for eternity, we are meant for God.  Building relationships with each other is by and far the most valuable thing we can do on this planet, right next to a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.  Relationship building encompasses so much.  It's not only becoming friends with others, loving others.  Loving the unlovable. Giving to the poor &/or needy. Building each other up in Christ. It is the giving of all encompassing love & we are able to give it when we open the gift that Christ first Loved us.
Pulling to move forward into this purpose while still holding on to the backward is just not working out. Its not meant to work out.  1 Corinthians 6:12, "“Everything is permissible for me”—but not everything is beneficial. “Everything is permissible for me”—but I will not be mastered by anything."  Anything that I want to do more than having a conversation with God, I am mastered by.  Anything that I do when I'm hurting (sad, mad, glad, etc..) that is not spending time with God, I am mastered by. I'll go out on a limb here and say that most of us are probably mastered by something.  It is God's intention to rescue us from the domination in order to give us what we are ultimately seeking... an intimate, secure, trusting, peaceful, loving, consuming relationship with Him.  If we are mastered we have to let go of the things that comfort us, whatever it is we do (especially when we need Him) apart from Him.  Really, this is as simple as blowing 100 bucks on a couple new outfits to cheer us up.  God wants to be the one we go to when we're down. Nothing will make us feel better or more secure apart from Him.  When I've gone to Him first, I've always come out better for it... not that I always have or do.  We're working on that.
I need His passionate Love, His security, His intimacy, His peace, His power, His strength, His compassion, His mercy, His indwelling... I need God.  Each one of us was created to need Him. With out Him we cannot be  satisfied, with Him is total satisfaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment