Thursday, July 5, 2012

Get ready.

My closest friends would probably tell you that I'm a "tell it like it is" kind of person. I am in many aspects, but (there's always a but) I am very concerned with not offending anyone, hurting their feelings, and especially concerned with what they might think of me after the fact.  eck.   Of course these are things God is sloughing off too.
I started reading Jeremiah yesterday... and as I started to read the following passage, I felt the Holy Spirit nudge me to pay special attention to the next few words because they are for me in that God is taking me to this place...
Jeremiah 1:17, "Get yourself ready! Stand up and say to them whatever I command you.  Do not be terrified by them...... (& vs 19) for I am with you and will rescue you declares the Lord."

It was a strong reminder and confirmation of what God is doing in my heart, that I don't have to be afraid or nervous of what God want me to say or do next. I can have total confidence in Him. The trick is living in Him and always asking seeking confirmation from Him.

3 comments:

  1. God used this same verse with me recently in working with me on insecurity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. now its down to the verse!! way more specific than the usual same thing at the same time stuff. God is cool!

    ReplyDelete