Sunday, July 15, 2012

serious

Reading through the books of the prophets today; finished Jeremiah, read Lamentations, and am midway through Ezekiel. I'm getting the distinct impression that God in his holiness and all consuming Love is dead serious. I think for some time now I've embedded myself safely on the forgiveness of God which is a completely solid unmovable foundation, but am so close to the edge its not even funny. Some things just don't seem to be that big of a deal even if God is telling me to do or not to do... The thing is, if He is telling me something He is totally serious even when I am not. He is totally serious even if I'm acting like a little kid reaching for the cookie jar right before a really delicious, healthy, sustaining dinner after being told something better is coming over and over and over. He is serious. Why is He so serious? because He Loves us SO much!!
Several days ago I posted a blog entitled "Get Ready" the verse from Jeremiah 1:17 stood out so clearly to me that day, "Get yourself ready!..." How do you even do that? Last night God told me to tell a friend of mine something... today He told me that is for me too. "Live in today". Today He added as I went deeper into prayer, "live IN today as you picture yourself living when..." me:"oh" "live out today so that when you get to tomorrow you can live in that day when it becomes today..." There is no way I'm gonna get to where God is taking me living today like I lived my todays 5 months ago. Spinnin' tires gets you nowhere fast; nowhere other than more stuck. Stuck & still spinnin like I'm doin something is not the place to be. I want more of God, to be filled completely with Him; there's still baggage in me that needs to go... it's a work in progress, but the only way is to be willing to get my ugly unpacked and God will fill the space with Him with His fruit of the Spirit! The only way is out!
Live in today as if it were "tomorrow"... as for me, when I think of who I want to be lets say 5-10 years from now it's a much different picture than how I've been going about my days the past couple of weeks. This conversation with God reminds me of a quote I suddenly remember from my direct sales days, "act as if you are successful and you will become successful", what I gathered from that a couple years ago is far from what I see is meant by it today. Whats going on in the nitty gritty of my daily life is important to where God is taking me, it is important to the who I am becoming. Ask God how He wants you to live in today, how to live it out... He wants to work a miracle in and through you, will you let Him?
Wrapping up in the all consuming, serious, powerful love of God & committing now to live today out exactly how God wants today lived & being more serious about it rather than trying to get away with pittly things here and there. Taking God seriously.
Just to be clear, I'm not taking a legalistic stance here!! I'm simply talking about being obediently led by the Spirit! Of course that entails obedience to the Word... That is loving obedience which is sometimes imperfect rather than legalistic obedience which is perfectionistic, and becomes self centered.

No comments:

Post a Comment