Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I want

Learning how I am with God while on vacation with 4 children. There are a lot of "I wants" in a place where so much is pre-planned for you. I actually asked one of my children if she trusted me to make sure she got to do all the fun, best stuff! She said yes.
God then asked me if I also trusted Him to guide me through the best for me in my life. Yes. Then today one of them fell apart for lack of sleep throwing a tantrum about something she wanted when I knew that the next thing was one of the most exciting... She's asleep now because she needed that more than meeting Tinkerbelle. We can totally miss some things in this life that God wants so much to give us because we're not able to receive it.
Interesting enough, on a cruise there is just so much to do all day even at sea you have to choose one thing and miss several others.  I don't think I've ever recognized this truth of everyday life. There are loads of choices for us to make about how we'll spend our day, once the choice has been made we've missed something while attaining something else. The question is: was your choice worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment