Friday, August 31, 2012

wellspring

Proverbs 4:23, "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life."



A wellspring has water flowing in and water flowing out. This is like our hearts in that what we put in lives in our hearts and flows out of it. What we do and say is a clear reflection of what is in our hearts.  There are a couple of important things to consider when caring for your heart: 
1. Concerning the river flowing in and the river flowing out: Are there any blockages? Debris from past can build up into a dam of lies filtering and dirtying what goes in, which can shut down the life of the well spring. The same is true in what goes out. As the Lord & self clear out the dam on the "in" side and pure living water starts to flow in the junky water in the spring will start coming out and its our choice to dam it up and not let out the junk for good or to let it out, choose not to entertain it, and give it to Jesus! This creates a healthy wellspring, a healthy heart. 
2. While all this clearing debris is going on, it is so important to feed our hearts with intention.  Purposely not watching, listening, or reading things that are clearly unhealthy spiritually. Purposely watching, listening, and reading things that are uplifting inspiring growth to the spirit.  This promotes a spiritually healthy heart. 

I've learned so much how this is true. Six months ago I preferred watching tv over doing just about anything else and I would rather do anything else than read 3 words of scripture or pray for even 5 minutes. It was that way for quite some time, and my life showed it. My attitude showed it.  As lies I've believed have been smashed out by the truth, the Lord can fill me with more of Himself and I can then choose to pour Him back out for others to see. This is the purpose of the wellspring: to constantly be filled and to constantly pour out. We do this no matter what we put it; for what we put in does come out, my heart is a wellspring. I don't say any of this to say I've already attained a healthy vital wellspring, I know I still have junk to clear out and I'm doing that as the Lord reveals it. It's all a choice. Start pouring in good things so the dams can start getting broken down. Pray for a change; ask God to help you believe or to take you back to the joy of His salvation, or to grow in Him. Godly-spiritual health is vitally important. 







find info on wellspring art work here

No comments:

Post a Comment