Saturday, August 11, 2012

the same is true

The Bible says that God wants to give us the desires of our hearts... that is unless we're traitors.  One thing I've realized as a parent is how this is true.  I want to give my children all the things that will truly make them happy.   will ice cream make them happy? yes! but not all the time. The same is true for every barbie and baby doll in the world.  What will make them happy for a substantially long time? time with their parents... especially at the age they are now.  My theory is that if I'm there for them now to talk with and hang out with then they'll still want to when they're teens and adults. I'll never stop wanted my children to want to be with me... even if they were thrown in prison for doing something terrible.  I would still want to see them and be with them.  The same is true for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment