Sunday, December 23, 2012

a little behind

I got a little behind somehow.  There were days of unfaithfulness to daily share this journey or to daily journey. Both.  In my desperate need for God I still grew complacent as if I did not need Him at all. We do that-- we humans. We look at ourselves and become happy with what we see in a moment-- pride.  Then we slide out of that place as our grip loosens on Christ and grasps onto self-will, self-preservation.  There is only preservation in Him, when we grasp onto Him & who we think ourselves to be dies and who we really were created to be thrives. 
Recognizing my personal need for pressure to remind me of my incessant need for Him.

Lord of the Rings is on... the ring just melted in the lava river; but not before I was reminded of what Tolkien meant that ring to represent-- temptation.  It pressures us, making us think we need the thing we're tempted to have or do. The ring in fact destroys Shmeegle, as he gave in to the ring (temptation). Giving in to it dominates us just as our enemy, the Devil seeks to consume us.

I cannot forget my need for my Savior in the midst of recognizing godly triumph in my life. I need Him to move forward, to walk in triumph-- His triumph, not my own.  It is His power, His grace, His mercy... It is only Him, and not an ounce of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment