Tuesday, December 18, 2012

His Love

I don't know about you, but it's easy for me to forget that God Loves me.  It's because I start focusing on questioning why He loves me and it's all down hill from there. Why would He?  Disobedience, ungodly use of His gift of time, ingratitude, self-centeredness...
And I re-read:
“Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails...”  (1 Corinthians 13--NASB).

It is how God Loves us.  His Love for me. His Love for you, for this whole broken world does not hinge on our goodness, or gratitude, or any such thing; rather His Love for us binds because we exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment