Monday, December 10, 2012

group Bible Study coming soon...

Hitting the "restart" button on group Bible Study & we're meeting exactly one month from today for our first group.
The month of January we'll be studying the Fruit of the Spirit: Love- each of it's facets & how to recognize specific struggles as love's opposites being pruned from our hearts so that Love can grow.  Everyone is invited to join us! If you are in the Danville area and would like to attend please just let me know!

The original language of the New Testiment is Greek and there are 3 different words that translate into English. The word for Love as a Fruit of the Spirit is Agape; it is Godly Love. Agape is how God Loves us; He literally desires to do good to us, in the midst of this human life of chaos.  The very fact that God loves us like this astounds me! He desires to do good to me-- He wants to!! Godly good, not human good-- the two things are different. We can trust difficult seasons to the Lord because, even though life is full of painful experiences, He only desires to do good to us.

Could I ask you a favor? Please pray for me while I prepare for this? I'm so excited, and so nervous, etc... Please pray that the Lord will give me the exact words to say and that everyone coming-- all of us-- hear from God and that we're moved to grow in Him.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment