Sunday, December 23, 2012

still making room

Continuing with the thought from yesterday...

"for there was no room in the Inn." Luke 1.

Once our hearts are turned upside down-- which is really right side up-- for Christ it is our life's mission to turn the world upside down to make room for Him.  It starts with the people we know and continues to branch off from exactly that place.   The last couple of days I've been thinking of a far off branch that is just barely connected to my life; and how in the world a person even begins to reach that far.  But God connects the dots as you reach further and further and your circle of influence grows and grows. 
The specific area that's been on my mind is that of human trafficking.  A few months ago I read this book-- "Undaunted" by Christine Caine.  She shines this big bright light on human-sex trafficking, and my heart bent, and I wondered how in the world I could ever make any kind of difference.  Last night, Scott and I watched a movie-- "Taken".  It's not one I'd usually watch, because I knew his kid was taken and stuff like that just freaks me out and tends to make me worry about my own children.  I didn't get concerned about mine, but I remembered the children I met on the streets of Moldova 10 years ago who were owned by mafia.  I've wanted to adopt from there ever since.  I don't know how the Lord is going to move in my present & future to make a real difference in this area. The point and idea is to make a difference, to make room for Christ in the world that I live in today.  How far can i reach?
Today. I can reach my husband, and children, my church, I can give to organizations like World Vision and Compassion International that help children in impoverished countries.  How far can I reach? How far can you?
Making room for Christ; because He lives in me,  because I know Him, because I know who He is. He is Savior and He is God.
Happy Birthday, Jesus.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment