Monday, December 3, 2012

I just don't feel like it.

It seems like my keys, or my phone, or both are constantly missing.  It's typically for one of 2 reasons: I put them somewhere I typically don't -or- One of the 4 little people that live in my house put them somewhere I typically don't (ie. they ran off with them and didn't tell me).  Today it was in my pocket... it was in my pocket.... I searched for 2 hours.  It's a smart phone and has 1/2 my life in it; I'm sure most of you can relate.  My brain is either in a planner or in my phone, but it's definetly not in my head... and without them I don't know what I'm supposed to do today (any day that is "today").  I started to feel a little panicked when I realized that none of the little people had it this morning.  It meant that I must've done something with it, but I didn't remember doing anything with it.  It meant that it fell out of my pocket and none of the places I'd sat down before realizing it was lost with held my "brain". agh!  I stopped looking for it and went about some of my "to do" list. Prayed a little and God started teaching me a lesson.

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,
and a light unto my path" (Psalm 119:105, KJV).
God's Word shines the light on our lives that we need to know the truth, so that we can know Him, so we can see for direction,  so that we can be alert & aware of the enemy's attacks...  Similar to my smart phone, but in a far more powerful way the Bible has my "brain" in it, as I don't know what I'm supposed to do today or any day with out it.  Life gets dark and lies start seeping in, I get stuck in old habits, & I put myself under spiritual attack when I'm not intentionally feeding myself the Word of God (the Bible).
The answer to the underlying question here is to have devotional time of reading/ memorizing scripture and praying daily whether we feel like it or not.  Consistency. It's the road to growth or death... in what ways will I choose to be consistent?  I consistently feel like doing all kinds of things besides find my life in Christ, it is human nature; this is why I must choose consistency toward HIM even when I don't feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment