Friday, December 28, 2012

Today I went to a funeral

Today I went to a funeral. My grandmother's sister passed away on Christmas Eve. We spent every thanksgiving at her house when we were growing up & she brought 2 of her granddaughters to visit us fairly often. The church was completely packed today! Strange thing for a woman in her 80s. She lived in a small town & taught there for over 30 years, everyone knew Mrs. Davis. She was also faithful in church and constantly doing something to help or encourage others. She was fiercely independent.
Her life got me thinking again about my contribution to my church & my town. Being there today was an encouragement to live fully & to be committed-- to have passion to make a difference, to get out there & do something to spread that passion. To live my life for Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment