Saturday, May 12, 2012

FROG

God has been teaching me through scripture, through my own experiences, & through others how He helps us to learn to rely completely on Him.  Through life experience He draws us closer to Him by showing us how to fully rely on Him and that we can do anything with Him.

As I've said in previous posts, I am reading through the Bible using "66 Love Letters" by Larry Crabb.  This week I read Esther and am 1/2 way through Job.  Larry Crabb connected the dots through both books that Esther fully relied on God and when everything crumbled in Job's life and God was all that was left he relied on Him more than ever before.  I like how the author describes each book, but you'll have to check it out for yourself because this isnt exactly the place to quote 2 entire chapters of his book.   Reading through Job I'm noticing that I've had every single emotion he has described of himself, of course my emotions were due to completely different circumstances but were the same nonetheless. God showed me how He used all that I've felt over the years to draw me closer to Him because I need Him (as we all do).  This week He has shown me through 2 different people how He can teach us to fully rely on Him through Job-like circumstances or through something much less dramatic like an insecurity.  It seems like the drastic-ness of it depends on the person.  Its really kinda cool how God works.  He does so much to help us be completely in Love with Him because He so completely Loves us. There really is NOTHING in this life that is more important that having a relationship with the Life Giver, the Way, the Truth, and the Life, the God of all; given FREELY through Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior-- which is why he allows things to come into our lives, to show us that nothing is more important that being with Him.

Learning to:
Fully
Rely
On
God
a little more each day, so glad that He carries me daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment