Sunday, May 27, 2012

Snuggle

In our marriage, Scott and I each take the initiative to apologize when we know we've done something to upset the other & we do our best not to do that specific thing again. We have a great relationship because of this!  The same is true with God: we have to say we're sorry, ask forgiveness, & attempt not to do those things again in order to have a good relationship.  With God, asking for forgiveness helps us to get closer to Him.
I once heard an analogy about a couple riding in a truck with a bench seat and the lady always sat in the middle snuggled up against her man.  As the years passed she found herself snuggled against the window instead and when she said to her man that they never sit snuggled anymore, he simply replied "I never moved."  God is the same He never changes He is always right there with us, but when we do something to push away from Him it is us that moves.  I did that last week.  I'm moving back to snuggle against Him now.  God is very obviously allowing a couple things in my life so He can slough off the old junk in my life that I tend to hide in instead of Him.  We all have this process of letting go of things that keep us from snuggling against Him. What's your's?  It could be as simple as "retail therapy" or as big as unbelief, either way all we have to do is ask Him to change something in our heart so we can be with Him. AND we all must ask for forgiveness for the first time and continually in order to maintain a healthy relationship staying snuggled against HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment