Monday, May 14, 2012

Truth

God has been teaching me about truth the last few days. I'm asking Him to help me see what is true in general & also in a couple specific things. 

A couple days ago a friend of mine posted a story on FB and it rang so clearly; everyone is deceived in some way about something.  The example it gave was how people used to "know" that the earth was flat. When one explorer came out and said that he believed it was round everyone mocked him in complete and total disbelief, because the evidence was obvious from their point of view.  Standing where the ocean meets land it looks like it just drops off like a waterfall does and that was that.  Just because my vantage point tells me a certain thing is true does not mean that it is.

My husband reminds me on a regular basis to always bounce things off the word of God!  Had these "the world is flat" believers bounced that off the word of God they would have known! Isaiah 40:22, "He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth..." (NIV).


My sister in law, Shelley, posted this on her FB wall in April but it showed up on my news feed tonight (God did that ;)):  "Be still and know that I am God." -Psalm 46:10. Very useful verse for any situation. God will take care of it. Let things sit and simmer for a bit. Then let Him show you truth."  

 Matthew 7:7 says, ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you" (NIV).  If you seek truth, relinquishing the need to be right, you will find truth.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6, NIV).  Christ is truth, He can certainly renounce the lies we hold so dear... if we let Him.

Loving God tonight and am so thankful that He wants to carry me daily!! Thank you for showing us truth God... when we seek it.

No comments:

Post a Comment