Saturday, May 19, 2012

Grow

Sometimes when God leads us to a place that is best to change & ;therefore, grow it can be unexpected yet completely obvious! Between my times of prayer yesterday and today, He showed me somethings that He wants me to change, but once what I've been doing was pointed out I immediately knew that it couldn't go on.  I would've NEVER come to recognize nor admit this thing in my life without God pointing it out.  I'm really not sure how to go about changing it other than to ask for direction.  I will not be able to get there on my own, I'm pretty sure without God it will be an impossibility, but I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength (Philipians 4:13).
This thing that needs to be changed has to do with parenting & like I said, I would have NEVER seen it without God pointing it out. Only the very keen observer might have noticed but it, but that still would be doubtful. It has to do with both specific & general things.  Here's the thing: I desire more than anything NOT to raise my children better than my parents raised me, but to raise them exactly the way God wants me to & in every single detail being led completely by Him.  I'm sure I'll still make my own mistakes, but I'm hoping to break some generational stuff while clinging to the Lord.

We are like clay in the potter's hands being molded bit by bit into something so much more spectacular than a lump, God is molding us as believers into who He created us to be.  He will bring us to change and growth in every part of our lives making our strengths stronger and even strengthening us where we are weak!   Philipians 1:3-6, "I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." and verse 9-11, "And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ--to the glory and praise of God."

Happy to be obedient to God that He can make me who He created me to be! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment