Friday, May 25, 2012

Super- Part 1

Tonight Scott and I went out for our 10th Anniversary of meeting on the National Mall.  It is a true blessing to be able to call him mine! Anyway, we went out to dinner and to see "The Avengers" I love super hero movies and on top of it there were 3 positive references to God/ the Bible. Yay Marvel Comics!!  "I only know One God & they're not Him"--Captain America.  I find it interesting how people gravitate toward super heroes saving us from doom &/or supernatural type entertainment.  God put an innate desire in us all for a Savior because we do need to be saved from doom which is the supernatural in action all the time.  Jesus saves everyday, every time someone sincerely asks from their soul. We all need a savior, we all have stuff in our lives keeping us from really being with Him, we need His help.

In the last couple of weeks He has made it totally clear that I have a food addiction. That sounds crazy, I know.  We need food to live, food truly is fuel!!  I do not always use it as fuel; eating 6 cupcakes in a 2 hour period of time does not nor will it ever equal nutritious.  Eating that many cupcakes it overeating & its sooo hard for me to stop once I start.  I wish it did equal nutritious because I'd be all about it, and I really wish I didn't have a problem, but I do.   A couple of days ago I read a couple of blogs that described me to a T, its slightly devastating.  You can do your own research about this kind of addiction and any other, you'd find out that studies show that fatty/ sugary foods do similar things in the brain that cocaine does and thus creates an addiction. COCAINE! At the moment I'm roughly 20 pounds over weight, I've only been as much as 40 over (not preggo).  Just because I'm not 150+ over means nothing and just becasue someone else is 150+ over doesn't mean they have an overeating addiction like I do.  There is so much more that plays into how we individually carry our weight its not even funny.  I know I said I had a problem before, but the Lord is specifically showing me how true this is as I have decided over and over again since April to go back to my no sugar deal.  The problem I've had is that I know I'm saying good-bye for good now not just for 40 days, and over and over one day at a time forever... so I binged the past few days (I do not purge).  Unfortunately I'm not perfect, I need Jesus to save me from my unhealthy behaviors like this one  just like everyone else in this world.  We each have our own version of unhealthy.  Anyway, I'm starting a sister blog to keep myself publicly accountable, because I'm pretty sure it'll be the only way to stay serious about daily going to God for help, finding the problems, planning, and maintaining recovery.  I will not be posting it to FB everyday like this one so if you're interested check it out. If you go to my about page you'll find the link, I'm reluctantly starting it tonight and its part 2 of this post.  I fully trust that the Lord will rescue me out of this like He has so many other things and I want Him to rescue me as sugary overeating is something I've habitually done instead of going to Him when I'm stressed out.  I want Him to be all that's left to want to turn to.

Jesus Saves & He is Super!

No comments:

Post a Comment