Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Green Thumb

Psalm 1:1-3,
1"Blessed is the man, who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. 
2But his delight is in the law of the Lord and on his law he meditates day and night.   
3He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers."

My thoughts on this passage:
1:walking leads to standing leads to sitting. ... Its easy to get pulled down by the spiritual enemy of our souls when we do this and we end up sitting comfortably apart from God.
2: Jesus came to save us to give us Life, because the Law brings death but the Spirit of God gives Life.  In the New Testament thinking, we are given the capability to Love God when we receive His Love because He first Loved us.  Because of this Love He so purely and thoroughly has for us we can then meditate on His Word because we can then finally receive it as His sweet, rich Love letter to us... but typically when we are truly receiving His Love first.  I Love this verse, its just the idea of being with God all the time, in His Word and in His Spirit through prayer.
3: My rose bush is kind of withering right now. Several of the roses are drying up and turning brown right on the plant... my thumb is purple not green so needless to say I have no idea how to fix it.  Reading verse 3 in this passage is cool, it gives such a beautiful picture.  The tree lives right next to a life source & it is full of life because of its location.

Where are you located today? Does verse 1 or verse 2 describe you?  I've been in both and once I sat I sat for a while.  Living in verse 2 or getting closer and closer to that picture of being in Christ all the time is really beautiful... allowing Him to consume me like being under water.  I say that, but I think air consumes us more beautifully don't you? Its all around us and in us too.  The location we choose will determine whether we're withering like my poor beautiful rose bush or thriving like the tree described in verse 3. I'm so glad God has a "green thumb" when it comes to His creation; He is constantly working to get us living close to Him, THE Life Source.

No comments:

Post a Comment