Saturday, May 5, 2012

Robbers

It seems that there are certain things that are obvious destructive behaviors, for instance drug addiction, alcoholism, eating disorders, among others.  If we play any of these things out in the mind's eye 5, 10, 15, and more years if they are there where will these type behaviors take us?  They can and will destroy our physical, emotional, & spiritual health not to mention sending a rift into every relationship in our lives.  If you're participating in one of these things just look around; are your relationships what you thought they'd be? are you physically, emotionally or spiritually healthy?  Its so easy for us to sit in denial, but sometimes there is someone in our lives who sees the problem.

These are not the only things that are destructive. There are many many more things that ruin our lives that are totally hiding right under our noses... innocently.  I just got a picture of a trailer for a horror movie in my mind all of a sudden: some picture of innocence that turns out to be a terrible monster. 

It doesn't matter if destructive is obvious or not, we must get it out of our lives!

I'm realizing how my time is laced with "time stealers" robbing me of my time with my husband and children, friends, family, and most importantly God!  These time stealers are destructive to every relationship in my life not to mention stealing my emotional and spiritual health.  really its unbelievable.  Giving it up is like giving up a drug.  Addiction is so serious.

Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" (NIV).

Lord. please carry me... drag me out of this if you have to... that I can be wrapped in your Loving embrace everyday and into eternity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment