Sunday, April 15, 2012

Alone

This is a very late going in today, because I was driving a large part of yesterday and today.  I'd almost forgotten what its like to drive alone or with someone that doesn't talk (Amelia was with me).  I listened to music, sang along to some & prayed a lot. It was really cool to be "alone" enough to pray with out any distractions or anyone waiting on me, which is usually the case.  hm. I wonder where & when I can get that alone daily? It really was refreshing to get to pray and spiritually listen to God.  I say spiritually listen because hearing God is not auditory; hearing God is similar to the conscience we're all born with but still far different and far more powerful. Conscience is self; God is God. Just thought I'd clear that up for anyone wondering what I mean by "God told me" or "listen to God" etc...
I don't really know how to describe this prayer time.  It was just nice to "get away" to pray.  It was informative, rejuvenating, relieving... I feel lightened and uplifted.  How can I put time like this in daily?  My day is 100% full to the brim.  It is obvious I need to reprioritize.  I want my prayer life to grow in to and passed what it was like the last couple of days while 'alone' in the car.  Awesome.  I'm positive its potential is even better.   Talking with God through out the day is necessary and wonderful but there's something really special about being in a place that you cannot be disturbed or distracted. 

Matthew 6:6, "But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

No comments:

Post a Comment