Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Surrender

Today I surrendered something to the Lord.  Its interesting to be in a place to recognize the need for surrender.  God only wants whats best for me, so why not surrender the things that aren't His best?

If something in life is uncomfortable (or maybe wonderfully pleasant) and pushes me to Christ, it probably has to do with His best being that I am drawn more to Him.

If something in life is pleasant (or horribly uncomfortable) and severs my relationship with Him then it probably needs to be surrendered.

Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight" (NIV).

...and even when I fail or when something goes completely wrong, He in His great mercy makes another wonderful promise: Romans 8:28, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose" (NIV).


 So thankful for such a Loving God.

No comments:

Post a Comment