Sunday, April 29, 2012

Rebuild

I've been reading through the old testament and the temple is talked about a lot! a lot, a lot! Its a place to give to God, to be with God, to pray, to ask forgiveness... It got built and used for exactly what God purposed it for, then when evil kings rule gets used for other gods & sin, then gets demolished somewhere along the way, and finally God presses on a godly King's heart to rebuild. In Ezra 1 King Cyrus tells the people that the Lord appointed him to build Him a house in Jerusalem... and all the people who worshiped the Lord could go up and rebuild the house of the Lord. They started getting things in order: 1st King Cyrus returned the articles of the house of the Lord which Nebuchadnezzar had carried away, then they got all the specific people in order, and they restored the altar and sacrifices. When the foundation of the temple of the Lord was finally laid the people shouted or sang or cried with excitement and the sound of all the people was so loud it could be heard a distance away.
As I read through this story 1 Corinthians 6:19 came to mind, "Do you not know that your body is a temple ofthe Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?" (NIV).

I feel that at the beginning of March when I began to receive God's Love again for the first time in ages was like this picture of the foundation being laid again. And all of heaven shouted with excitement! Luke 15:10, "In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents" (NIV). My repentance was opening myself up to Gods Love again and living securely in it.

Once the foundation to any building is laid there is a lot of work that goes into it. The Lord is doing the work by showing me what to do. Some things I'd just assume keep in my life, but God sees the big picture so some things get moved to the side and then I can see how much more He wanted to give me or lead me into. Philippians 3:8, "Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded-everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ" (NIV). Honestly, this verse makes me a little nervous and I'm not sure why. The author is really just saying that Christ is the most important part of his life, everything else in his life is garbage in comparison. Being as in Love with Him as He is with me would be pretty cool. I'm not there, but I plan to get as close as humanly possible. To continue to receive His Love and learn to give Him mine I think there are some unaddressed feelings & fears I have wadded up in my heart. These are some of the things I'm giving to God at the moment. It'll clear some space to rebuild.



No comments:

Post a Comment