Sunday, April 22, 2012

More Love

This morning, I was  thinking about yesterday's post about true Love.  Love really is everything.  These verses started coming to mind.

Philippians 4:13, "For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength" (NLT).

Nehemiah 8:10, "Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength" (NIV).

1 John 4:7-8, "Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love" (KJV).

SO... I can do everything through (LOVE) Christ, who gives me (the JOY of the LORD)strength. Its a promise that I am holding on to in order to refuse distractions, discouragement, frustrations, pity parties, and the like. In refusing them I will keep the Lord's joy while I daily choose to believe and keep the Love of God each day.

If we can do everything (anything) through Christ, who IS LOVE, then wouldn't it be fair to say that the enemy who seeks to steal, kill, and destroy would also want to destroy the possibility to receive GOD"S LOVE into our lives?  According to yesterday's verses in 1 Corinthians 13, there is nothing without Love.  All the struggle and sadness living in nothing is awful; its even more awful living in it as a born again believer.  There is so much more to this life than living in nothingness; and Christ died and rose again that we might accept 'the more to life' as His gift to us.  His Love is like a shining light which enables us to come out of the darkness of nothingness and enjoy this life He gave us.

I wrote about the Joy of the Lord a couple days ago in the blog post: "Disappointment."

These are the kinds of things I'm starting to recognize as I'm moving through the everyday battles that are part of life.  Holding on to the promises of God is what keeps me from believing any lie I hear whispered to me that would cause me to slide down into the abyss of nothingness all over again.

"Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses" (1 Timothy 6:12, NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment