Monday, April 16, 2012

Victory

I have been in awe of God all day today.   The words to this old hymn  are circling in my mind as I sit to post this blog:

Oh, victory in Jesus,
My Saviour forever
He sought me
And he bought me
With his redeeming blood

He loved me
Ere i knew him
And all my love
Is due him
He plunged me to victory
Beneath the
Cleansing flood

Its like, we don't even necessarily know we NEED Him as we walk around living life, but then something happens... someone shares something and we all of a sudden and continually realize that we can't go on without Him.  Salvation comes as a choice. Then as a Christian we learn that the victory is in Him and the spiritual forces against Him do not want us to gain that victory and do everything possible to keep us from it.  Go to Jesus and claim the victory in salvation &/ or the victory to walk in the Love of Christ.  Walking with Christ helps us to work toward inner healing and fullness, living receiving God's Love, peace, joy, etc... are on the other side waiting. Salvation plants the seeds to all these traits in our lives, then God gives us the ability to walk in Him allowing Him to to grow these things in us like never before. Each action is a choice on our part to let God do the work!  I'm so relieved to be  choosing to let Him do the work. Carried daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment