Friday, April 20, 2012

Disappointment

In life, we don't get everything we want; I know that is completely obvious.  When disappointment comes, it is so easy to get so overwhelmed and focused on it that we forfeit our joy in its midst.  We hope and hope and plan and plan for something & when we get let down that disappointment can be all we think about for days.  Recently, I was hoping for something to work out smoothly and hit a couple bumps in the road instead.  I was very disappointed. It didn't take long to notice the enemy hovering, keeping my mind focused on the disappointment & urging me to get angry & bitter.  The joy I have in the Lord started to get smothered by my feelings.  As soon as I recognized it I chose to stop the disappointment and put my particular situation in God's hands; after all, He is the One that can do something about it.  Of course every disappointment is different, but no matter, the Lord always wants to be there for us to carry us through and to maintain His joy in our lives. ... no matter how severe the disappointment.  I chose to stop worrying and ask God to step into the situation & His joy was evident again.  Its unbelievable how the enemy carefully watches for the best time to come in to steal, kill, and destroy. I've also experienced disappointing situations when I did allow the enemy to come in and steal my joy of the Lord, replacing it with sadness, guilt, & deep depression. Its much more fun to recognize it off the bat and stop it immediately, choosing to keep joy!!

John 10:10, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." --Jesus

 Then today I was listening to a podcast and this verse was referenced!!  My mouth dropped wide open!!  Nehemiah 8:10, "...Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."  Of course, the enemy is working to steal our joy of the Lord!!! It is our strength!!!  Aggghhhh!!!! 

Allow the Love and Joy of the Lord to flow into your heart and love and joy will flow out... Allow the anger, bitterness, resentment, depression, heartbreak etc...  to settle in too long and those things will start to flow out.  "...Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life," Proverbs 4:23.

No comments:

Post a Comment